- About Us
- Grant Applications
- Get Involved
- Contact Us
Who is Eligible for Assistance
- Families who have a member receiving active treatment for cancer (active treatment = treatment within the past calendar year).
- The patient must either be a resident of Summit County or receive treatment within Summit County.
- If you or your immediate family member is in need of financial assistance that cannot be covered by insurance or other means of support. Medical bills are not covered by the Foundation grant program however medical equipment that is not covered by insurance can be considered.
- If you can show need of assistance by providing verification and documentation.
How to Apply
- Complete the grant application form. All information will be verified. If you were referred to us, please include the name of that individual on the application.
- Copies of actual bills must be included to be considered. Future expense estimates for food or clothing items must be included to be considered.
- Future medical requests must include contact information for treatment and vendor contact information for travel or equipment expenses.
- Applications are to be submitted to the Stephen A. Comunale, Jr. Family Cancer Foundation for processing.
Mail or fax your completed application to:
"The Distribution Committee"
P.O. Box 13805
Akron, Ohio 44333
Fax: (330) 835-5978
An independent committee of the Foundation will confidentially review requests on Mondays and Thursdays.